The HiiL Justice Accelerator scouts and supports the world’s best justice innovators. We provide grant funding, business acceleration services, access to free technical tools, connections to local and global mentors, and promotional opportunities. Check out our opportunities below to understand how to apply.
The application for the HiiL Justice Accelerator is currently closed.
In the meantime, check out the information below to understand more about the Justice Accelerator.
More about the programme
We deliver programmes at all stages of the innovation pipeline, from ideation, to incubation, to acceleration and scale-up.
Our toolkit draws heavily on
More about the programme
Since 2012, the HiiL Justice Accelerator has existed to scout and support the world’s best justice innovations. We have a yearly portfolio of 20-30 innovations.
To grow, justice innovations need “fuel.” The fuel we offer comes in many forms. We provide you with funding, help engaging the justice sector, networking connections, mentorship, business development, technical partners, justice sector data to community.
Every year we support a selected cohort of the world’s most promising justice innovations and offer:
- Grant funding up to 20,000 EUR.
- Business Acceleration Support. This means regular 1-on-1 counselling and developing solutions
- Local incubation (where possible). If you reside close to one of our 7 hubs, we can provide a local advisor, otherwise called an “Innovating Justice Agent”.
- Mentorship. We can connect you with local (where available) and global mentors.
- Connections. HiiL has a network around the world: with justice institutions, impact investors, legal tech organisations, academics.
- Promotion and branding. You can proudly display the HiiL logo on your site showing that you are part of the HiiL Justice Accelerator programme.
What is a justice innovation?
A justice innovation is a product, service (offline or online), or tool that helps people prevent and resolve pressing justice needs. It’s an innovation when it can potentially resolve millions of these needs, at a low cost.
We use a simple set of five criteria to determine whether we will support a justice innovation:
Scope Is it solving pressing justice problem? — For more, see the section below on “What is a Pressing Justice Need”
Impact On access to justice, how important is the problem addressed? How many users will be reached?
Sustainability Is the the business model stable? Can this innovation can survive long-term?
Scalability Could this idea scale to reach millions of people, in the same country, or even internationally?
Team Does the team or individual possess a balance of skills? How committed are they?
Do you want to grow your game-changing justice innovation into an impactful business?
Then the HiiL Justice Accelerator Programme is there for you.